- What is the AustinDEEP Massage?
- Each therapist at AustinDEEP is trained extensively before joining our team of elite therapist. Our signature massage is a combination of deep tissue manual sports therapy designed to detox your muscles, and release stress tension held within your muscles and connective tissue. Each session is completely customizable to meet your body’s specific needs, aches, and pains. Deep tissue is the only kind of massage that we do here.
- Is it going to hurt?
- Yes, but in a good way! Your therapist’s goal is to locate problem areas in your body and work the deeper layers of muscle by applying concentrated pressure -- a process that can be pretty intense. Chronic pain and tension don’t often melt away without a fight, and any area that is causing you considerable discomfort may feel sensitive to work on.
At the end of the day, we want you to feel great. AustinDEEP therapists are trained to warm up your fascia and muscles so that the release comes more easily. We are more than willing to apply more or less pressure depending on your preferences, to back off if something is too sensitive, or to go deeper if you feel like we’re on to something. Communication with your therapist goes a long way, so don’t hesitate to speak up during your session!
- What results can I expect?
- Immediately following your massage you can expect to feel relief from tension and pain. You may feel relaxed and at ease, lighter and possibly warm all over. You may be a bit sore in the following days -- a soreness similar to how you feel after a thorough workout.
Does all that sound great? Well, it’s just the beginning. As a regular part of your self-care routine, deep tissue therapy and myofascial release can make a marked difference in your overall health, range of motion, athletic performance, mood, and quality of life.
- Who should get a deep tissue massage?
- Most everyone stands to benefit from a deep tissue massage. Your daily routine imprints itself upon your body, and deep tissue massage works to undo the damage you absorb in your day-to-day life. Here are examples:
- Athletes, runners, and fitness enthusiasts: repetitive, intensive use of your muscles can cause strains, cramps, and chronic tightness.
- Office workers, commuters: Spend all day staring at a computer screen? Spend several hours a week in a car? Chances are you feel tightness in your neck, shoulders, and low back that deep tissue therapy can address.
- Physical laborers: jobs that require lots of heavy lifting and/or long shifts on your feet can cause muscle strains and tightness due to impact and overuse.
- Experiencing pain from past injury: Deep tissue massages can be hugely beneficial in the healing process by helping to break up scar tissue, increase blood flow to underused muscles, and relieve tightness in overused muscles.
- Conditions, Prenatal Massage
- There are several situations and conditions in which we cannot perform a massage. Please check if any of the following applies to you before booking an appointment:
- Pregnancy- we do not offer prenatal massage
- Injured in a wreck or accident in the last week
- Undergoing chemotherapy or other intensive treatments without written permission from your doctor
- Open wounds or infections
- Sunburn, poison ivy, freshly tattooed, experiencing a rash
- Under age
- We require that a parent or guardian accompanies you for your first visit. After we have their written permission, they are free to leave and you are free to attend future appointments unaccompanied.
- Reschedule & Cancellation policy
- You can book easily book or cancel your appointment online through MindBody, through the AustinDEEP app for iPhone and Android, or by calling us at 512.476.5226.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we ask that you give us at least four hours notice and you will incur no charge. If you need to cancel within that four hour window, we will charge 50% off the cost of service. Appointments missed without notice will be charged 100% of the cost of service.
- Is there any paperwork to complete? Do I need to arrive early?
- For first time clients, you can save time before your massage by completing our New Client Intake Form online. If you submit your paperwork ahead of time, we'll only need your signature upon arrival.
If you don't get around to completing the Intake Form beforehand, you should plan to arrive about 10 minutes early for your first visit. We welcome all clients to arrive early and enjoy our warm modern lobby.
- We are located at 2300 Lake Austin Blvd at the corner of Upson Street, immediately nextdoor to Magnolia Cafe. Look for the bright yellow building!
Feel free to park in any driveway in front of our buildings: there is one off of Lake Austin Blvd, and one off of Upson Street. If these spots are full, there is usually plenty of street parking along Upson Street. Please do not park in any neighboring lots.
- Should I tip my therapist?
- As with many service professions, tipping is not mandatory but always appreciated.
- If you are comfortable removing all of your clothing for the massage, we recommend that you do so. Clothing can get in the way of your therapist’s movements, and may limit their ability to work into certain muscles. Furthermore, we use lotion and other topical balms that we don’t want to get on your clothing. All of our therapists are trained in proper draping protocol.
If you are not comfortable taking off your bra, underwear, socks, etc., you are welcome to leave them on. Your therapist can work around those areas.